Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A bit about my neighbors and my dog

I've been able to meet a few of my neighbors here in the complex, and have found them to be not only very friendly, but very easy-going and pet friendly.  I guess if you choose to live in a complex that allows pets, you either like them, own then, or were desperate.

On my floor, I've at least run into or met all of them.  I work with the woman living catercorner from me, and have run into the other two at various times.  The woman directly across from me said she has a dog (which I have neither seen nor heard, so I'm not sure) and I met the man living next to me this morning. He was coming home as I was bringing the dog back inside.  I had the door open and he had his hands full so I held the door as he came in.  Of course, my wonderful dog, who doesn't seem to care for men, growled and complained.  However, he behaved himself.  As we traversed up the stairs, my neighbor with his hands full and my hands full with the dog, I found us all going up to my floor.  He said he works nights and was heading off to bed.  Oh dear. My dog hasn't adjusted that well. Some days I've come home and can hear him barking as I get out of the car.  I'm not sure if he does this all day, or when he hears my car. I can only hope that it's the latter, but I doubt it.  I apologized to the neighbor and said we are working on it, and to let me know if the dog makes too much noise.  He just shrugged and said he turns the fan on and it works just fine. I told him to leave a note on the door if it gets out of hand.

I've also met the woman living below me, and she said she has two dogs of her own and didn't seem concerned about any noise coming from my apartment.  To be fair, the cats jumping up and down from the bed and chairs probably make a fair amount of noise upon landing.  They aren't exactly light on their feet.  I've met another woman from the floor below me that is very pleasant.  Her name is also Michelle (and spelled correctly!).

As of the last visit to the vet, my dog weighed in at 97 pounds.  He's not small.  He's adjusted pretty well to the move to the apartment, but I still fear for the sanity of my neighbors.  The man who works nights and gets serenaded during the day, and the woman living below the elephant. I guess since no one started throwing things when they figured out where I live is a good sign, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment