Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just a bit on a bunch

I am now working weekends, so I get two other days off during the week.  That means today is Monday in my world.  As if I'm not normally confused enough...

I fear this will probably jinx me, but I think I have defeated the Houdini dog.  It's been a week since he managed to get out of his cage.  Quickly, someone go knock on wood, or throw salt over the shoulder, or...something!

Speaking of the monster, it has occurred to me that I rarely speak of the cats.  Nor do I plan to in this post.  =) Bane and I went to the dog park yesterday, and managed to clear the place out.  Did he cause fights? No. What he has started doing is running up to any male at the park, sniffing, and then barking. Not the male dogs, the male humans. I can't imagine where he gets his dislike of men in general, but this has got to stop.  I'm going to get him back into training and hope that helps.  I'm not at all afraid of him actually biting or attacking, but I can't blame the guys for packing up and leaving. Maybe he just wanted all of the mud puddles to himself.  He was fine with Andrew and Storm the other night.

I had a great time at work today.  I'm not allowed to say a whole lot about work, but I do believe I'm okay to say that I got to destroy things today.  I like to destroy things and had a great amount of fun doing so!

I also received help this evening from a very nice man in my complex. I was carrying in a few things from my car, and loading a bit too much into one of the bags and the handles broke.  Not a bit deal, but it left me trying to figure out how to pick up the bag while carrying the potted plant at the same time.  This nice man, carrying his own bag of groceries asked if I needed a hand and then politely waited while I warred with independence and the need for help.  He then carried my plant and opened the door.  Once we were in I was able to just have him hand me the plant, as the main issue was how to get both off the ground, then get in the door.  I said thank-you and we both went our separate ways.  Oh, did I forget to mention this was a man IN UNIFORM?  Ah, my life is complete.

So, here I sit on my balcony now that it has cooled off a bit.  I'm going to finish up this post, pay bills, and listen to the birds sing in the light rain falling.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment