Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Family portraits

My grandmother recently had a birthday that my uncle, brothers and I were able to celebrate with her.  My brother also brought his two kids.  Grandma hasn't seen her grandson for a few years, and had yet to meet her granddaughter since they live so far away.  My aunt wasn't able to make it this year and my sister-in-law stayed home to take care of her folks. Also missing from the immediate family was my father and other uncle.

It was a short trip for me, but we got a lot of visiting done and also managed to get family pictures taken. The last time we had any kind of family portrait done, I was about my nephews age so I'm pretty excited.  My brother gets pictures of the kids taken, but I think I was 5 the last time we had pictures of the three of us taken.

The cost of having professional pictures taken is outrageous, but the alternative was to have one of us take a group shot with the camera.  Getting all the family in one spot, and able to smile is like herding cats so I consider it money well spent.  The woman taking the shots was very good at her job and got some great shots.  I guess the studios got tired of fighting with people about copyright and copying their own pictures as one of our options was to get a CD with the pictures that day with a full copyright release.  The actual prints are just coming in but we were able to take the CD to a local store and print out pictures for Grandma right away as one of her birthday presents.

We got pictures, a late lunch at Red Lobster, took a drive by the cemetery and then around the lake, went home and opened presents.  All in all, a relaxing and great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment