I've had people tell me they only dream in black and white. Others have said they don't dream at all, or don't remember dreams. Some dreams are easy to interpret, others mean nothing.
I make up for my lack of creativity and imagination by having very real and vivid dreams. Some make sense. Most don't. I remember dreams from very young. I had a dream when I was less than six that I remember to this day. I distinctly remember how scary it was, and how it scared me for days after. I even knew who was important in it and why, and what parts of it didn't make sense.
When I first moved to Nebraska, I had very vivid and recurring dreams about fires. The farmhouse would burn up with everyone in it but my brothers and I. We would get out (sometimes with the dog, who would never die but sometimes didn't exist) and my brothers would take care of me. Being that my brothers have always been very important to me and we got separated when I move to NE, it's pretty easy to figure out what those were about.
I go through spurts of very real dreams. Sometimes I know they are dreams when I'm having them and sometimes not. Even after more than 20 years, I have dreams of my mother. Sometimes there is a sadness, as I know it's dream and she can't actually be here. Sometimes it's more like life might be if she were still here. Sometimes the realization that it's a dream doesn't seep in, and it's so real, so happy, and so right. Then I wake up and get slapped with reality.
Then there are dreams like I had this morning. I was dreaming that I was going to the hospital to have a baby. My mother was there to help. No other family (especially a husband) but a friend was there. She has five of her own and ready to have another very soon. I was pretty happy. Mostly because I had inexplicably lost weight and was very healthy and skinny except for the protruding tummy. Oh, for dreams to be reality! If pregnancy it the new way to because a healthy size six with good muscle tone, sign me up! Back to the dream, my alarm went off before I got to the actually room in the hospital or delivery (bonus points for the alarm this morning). I got ready for work and took the dog out. Before leaving I checked Facebook for updates, to find that the friend in the dream had her baby about the time I was dreaming all of this. Interpret that, if you dare.
No comments:
Post a Comment